Make your own adorable donut holes with this quick and beginner friendly pattern! Check out my digital downloads for a free, printable version HERE! <-----
- Worsted weight yarn in white, cream, or color of your choice
- 3.25mm crochet hook (size D) or hook of your choice
- 6mm safety eyes
- Embroidery Thread
- Polyfil stuffing
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker (optional)
Stitches and Abbreviations:
- R - round
- Sc - single crochet
- St - stitch
- Sts - stitches
- Inc - increase
- Dec - decrease
- The donut holes are worked in continuous rounds, do not join.
- A stitch marker is recommended to help keep track of rounds.
- Your donut holes will look different depending on your materials and your unique crochet style!
- Invisible decrease is recommended.
R1: Ch 2 and sc 6 in second ch from hook (6)
R2: Inc in each st (12)
R3: *Inc, sc in next 2 sts* repeat 6x (18)
R4 - 6: (3 rounds) Sc in each st (18)
Pause here to add 6mm safety eyes between rounds 4 and 5, with 2 sts between the eyes. With embroidery thread, add a cute smile in the round below.
R7: *Dec, sc in next st* repeat 6x (12)
Pause here to stuff your donut hole You may want to add a little extra stuffing halfway through the next round as well.
R8: Dec in each st (6)
Finish off, leaving a 9 inch tail. With yarn needle, close up hole by weaving the tail through the front loops of each sc in Round 8. Pull tight to close and weave yarn through the donut hole and cut off extra.
Try making your donut holes in different colors for different flavors! Make powdered sugar, cinnamon, chocolate and more! Try adding two colors for a dipped donut hole, or even sprinkles!